Great way to end the semester


I wasn’t quite sure how much to trust the teaching staff when they said our class was going to get a lot better after the research article, but it actually did. This final module was a lot of fun. As an undergrad, most of my experience with science comes from going to classes in large lecture halls or performing the same experiment over and over again for my UROP supervisor. Coming up with a novel bioengineering idea from scratch was very different from most class assignments and helped remind me why I chose this major in the first place (definitely a necessary reminder while struggling through 20.320 and questioning my life choices). The research proposal was still a lot of work, but the work involved reading research articles about a topic I was interested in and brainstorming with my lab partner. 20.109 has been a really wonderful class (probably my favorite technical class I’ve taken at MIT). The instructors and TAs were amazing, and I think that the things I learned are going to be really useful to me going forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning how to write science

Stress, Meme, Repeat

So that's why people spend so long editing before sending their papers to journals